Monday 24 June 2019

22. Secret Maidstone - Dean Hollands


An easy, quick read.  Interested in local history, I wanted to know more but  it listed I few things I hadn't known.



Anyone who chances on this blog may have noticed that my reading rate appears to have slowed down from its initial rather slow rate.  I blame Brexit!  I intend to wean myself off Twitter to allow more reading time and to generally be less depressed.  (It is more obvious to me now that Brexit isn't going to happen.)  I have only included books here that I have read cover to cover.  I had intended only to include 'proper' (hardback) books, mainly as a justification for accumulating old Everyman's Library books.

Should I include nonsense like this 'stocking filler' Christmas gift?

The rare King Edward VIII post box in Week Street:
The statue of Nolan outside the former Ophthalmic Hospital and former Trinity Church:

Not mentioned - the monstrous semi-delict Tilling-Stevens factory:
Not mentioned - no-one seems to know the history of the Art Deco building now occupied by Mu-Mu:




No comments:

Post a Comment